Pasta is a most versatile ingredient especially when combined with a delicious sauce, the combinations are endless; only limited by your imagination. For a family on a budget pasta is an essential pantry item.
Here is a list of 5 Classic Pasta Recipes to add to your collection; you can mix & match these recipes with your favorite pasta shape, dry , fresh or frozen, please enjoy;
- The most famous pasta sauce of them all, the meaty “Ragu” Bolognese born in the Northern Italian city of Bologna; it is traditionally served with Tagliatelle Pasta;
get the recipe here…Classic Recipes – Pasta Bolognese;
- Delicious Roman delight; chili, bacon and tomato; this is a must have recipe for your collection, it is traditionally made with cured pork cheek “Guanciale” and served with Bucatini pasta;
get the recipe here…Classic Pasta – Amatriciana;
- An amazingly zesty southern Italian sauce with garlic, olives, anchovies, capers and tomatoes; try it to add some extra zing to a weekday dinner;
get the recipe here…Classic Pasta – Puttanesca;
- Another classic from the Northern Italian city of Genova, referred to in Italy as “Pesto alla Genovese”; is traditionally ground in a mortar and pestle with the combination of fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts and Parmesan.
get the recipe here…Classic Pasta -Basil Pesto
- Another Roman Classic, Carbonara pasta is known all over the world; the combination of bacon, egg, pecorino cheese and black pepper makes a delicious family meal;
get the recipe here…Classic Pasta – Carbonara;